Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Thank You Swim Lessons


Swim Lessons are a wonderful thing.

Yes, yes, yes. Swim lessons are a wonderful thing because they teach your children the life saving skill of knowing how to swim.

But.........

It also completely wears them out. A little swimming, a little lunch, then a little nap. Lessons are scheduled to be over this Friday but I think my children really need extensive training. We just might have so much to learn about swimming, we need to add a few more weeks of naps, uh, I mean lessons.

One more thing.....

I know every parent thinks their child is gifted and talented, but when it comes to swimming, Eli really is the next Micheal Phelps. Okay, that might be a little much, but he does have one mean back stroke. I don't however see Olympic gold in Beaux's future. She is convinced she doesn't really need swim lessons. Before she put one toe in the pool she let her teacher know she already knew how to swim. But her sweet teacher let me know after the first lesson, "Beaux's problem with swimming isn't her confidence, her problem with swimming is she can't swim."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like a girl who has confidence.......... Unless she is beating you while your try to save her from drowning.
Georgia

Moments to good to forget.....