Thursday, September 23, 2010

Know-It-All

Eli and I had an interesting conversation the other day. As we were walking
into the church, we were playing a guessing game.
After three of four failed attempts to guess correctly, I jokingly spouted off,

" Eli, I just don't think I'm as smart as you."

Which Eli replied in a very definitive voice, "That's because boys are smarter than girls."

I wanted to be a little appalled, but as I looked into his blue-green eyes, all I could do is laugh.

"Is that so," I asked. "And how exactly do you know that?"

With all certainty he responded, "Everyone knows that."

As I hugged his neck and sent him into the classroom, I walked away pondering how his little mind came to this conclusion. I'm not exactly sure where he is getting this notion, but it better not be from his daddy.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh, please, please, PLEASE let him say that to Beaux and Addie, in front of me. I want to be there when he tries it! Poor guy.

Moments to good to forget.....