Thursday, August 27, 2009

Bottomless Pits

My children can eat. I believe it started in utero as the absorbed enough nutrients to enter the world weighing in at: 9lbs 6oz. for Eli, 8lbs. 8oz, for Beaux, and 8lbs. 11oz. for Eden. They were birthed, and then immediately looked around the delivery room for something to eat. On any given day I hear,"I'm hungry," approximately 107 times. Somewhere in between breakfast, lunch, and dinner I peel, cut and chop countless apples, oranges, and pineapples. Not to mention all the peanut butter crackers I unwrap, bowls of goldfish I fill, and granola bars I open. And upon occasion when we have something really good- like pizza or Rosas (a great little Mexican spot), my children can plow through an astonishing number of slices and more tortillas then seem possible for the human stomach. Needless to say, I shouldn't be at all surprised that sweet little Eden is an eater. We served her cereal for the first time last week, and she was pleased. I remember Eli and Beaux thrusting the mush out of their mouths for days. It took quite a few tries before they agreed to ever swallow. Not my little Eden. It was love at first bite. I put the spoon in her mouth, she smiled, then devoured an entire bowl. Each time I would take the spoon away from her mouth to grab a little more, she would pull my hand back, begging - more, more, more. I have a feeling we might need to win the lottery before the teen years - to help cover our enormous grocery bills.


Just worth mentioning:

I asked the kiddos their most favorite places to eat.

Eli chose Casa Bonita. (Thanks you Nana and Papa.)

Beaux chose the Hot Dog store (also know as McAlisters) or Bosses Pizza.

Should I be offended that no one chose the delicious cooking straight from my kitchen?

4 comments:

Sarah said...

B, you need to frame that first photo of Eden's hand grabbing yours--priceless! She's a keeper, for sure :)

Anonymous said...

You got to love her. The girl knows what she wants. Mom

Judy said...

Well hello there Bridget. And can I just say its about time you joined the blogging world. I've been waiting and waiting and waiting... So glad Sarah has such strong pursuasive skills:) It's hard to believe you can miss someone you never even met, but I feel like I already know you a little bit from Sarah and Brittani.

Kim Tollett said...

I love that picture. I remember those days when you would feed them cereal and it would get all over their face and they would just get so excited. Adorable!!

Moments to good to forget.....