Thursday, January 7, 2010

Pass the salsa please?

Along with all the others who pledge to eat better in the new year, our family is ready to get back in the saddle. After weeks of holiday indulgence and happiness, we are ready to cut the sugar and add the veggies. But in one of the last meals of weakness, after leaving Dan to cover lunch, I came down stairs to find this dynamic duo making nachos. A few chips, some refried beans, and cheese- how could you go wrong? Beaux thought it was one of the best things she had ever tasted. And I believe the taste was only enhanced by cooking with her daddy. Snow White and Daddy enjoyed a little carpet picnic with big smiles. And you two ~ I know nachos are good, but just wait till I pull out the pita chips with humus- you won't even notice the difference. I believe that..... I'm not just trying to convince myself...... I love pureed' chickpeas over Tostitos.... who wouldn't it?.......




3 comments:

Sarah said...

Addie is admiring Beaux's beautiful dress right now and saying "I wish I can see Beaux. Does Beaux have germs right now??" Ha!

You go on telling yourself that about the hummus, and maybe it'll come true--that's what I'm telling myself, at least!!

Sarah said...

Addie is admiring Beaux's beautiful dress right now and saying "I wish I can see Beaux. Does Beaux have germs right now??" Ha!

You go on telling yourself that about the hummus, and maybe it'll come true--that's what I'm telling myself, at least!!

The Tollett Family said...

Love your new background. I wanted to have Jackie help me with mine before I left AR but never got around to it. She has done mine every year.
Cute pictures of Beaux and her daddy!

Moments to good to forget.....