Friday, July 2, 2010

How Much is that Doggie in the Window?

Happy Birthday Darling. In honor of your love of dogs-
we celebrated puppy style.
Our party was made complete with dog ears, dog noses, and dog bowls. (Daddy wasn't to sure about the no utensils rule, but after watching you tackle cake and ice cream without a spoon, he just couldn't resist.)

And this was the best dog food I've ever had.
You I slaved away in the kitchen to bake and ice this beautiful, be it lopsided, cake. It tasted better than the prettiest cake at the bakery because we had so much fun making it. Beaux announced after trying a bite, "I am the best cooker."

Oh- and we know the party was a success because Eden was exhausted from all the fun. Either that or she is terribly jealous and really wishes it were her party. Or maybe she's thinking,
"Why have I been born into a crazy house?"

Anyway you slice it, our dog house celebrated you in style. I know parents are suppose to say they want their children to grow up and be whatever they want to be; however, Beaux dreams of being a dog when she grows up so.... enough said. On your fourth birthday my love, I hope you continue to grow in grace and beauty. I pray your love for life, your creativity, your sense of wonderment, and your infectious joy grows each day. I want you to grow in virtue and wisdom. I hope a desire to care and serve others grows within your heart. But most of all, I want you to grow up not wanting to be whatever it is you want to be, buy whatever it is He wants you to be.

Happy Birthday my little puppy~
You bring the most beautiful light into my life.
I love you.


No comments:

Moments to good to forget.....