Saturday, October 10, 2009

Texas Weather...

One day it's 90 degrees, and then next day it's 54.

I love that second temperature. It's a sign of my favorite season. I love fall for a hunderd reasons, but on the greatest is it begins to cool off. After 90 plus days of miserable, oppressive, stifling heat- it begins to cool off. But the great state of Texas keeps us on our toes. It can go from hot to cold to hot again, all in a 24 hour period. The kids decided to take advantage of one of our last warm days, well I hope one of our last few days, with a picnic. That crafty Jessica made Beaux the cutest picnic set for her birthday. So we enjoyed eggs, bacon, cinnamon rolls, and humidity on our lawn. But who know, tomorrow we could be on our porch eating popsicles or sipping hot chocolate- it's anybody's guess.

Eli's face says it all- "Mom, let us getting back to our eating."

2 comments:

Jessica Schaffner said...

Man, I am impressed you still have all the pieces to that picnic! I have a feeling it won't be warm very many more days, which is a signal of my least favorite season...winter:(

The Tollett Family said...

You should come here it is 55 degrees today. I have had a coat on all day. Even in my house. I just hope it stays feeling like fall. I don't want snow yet. Enjoy the weather.

Moments to good to forget.....